Monday, December 31, 2007

Friday night back in the Bible Belt

I am back in Lubbock. Safe and sound back in the Buckle of the Bible Belt. While I am not entirely excited about being back in Lubbock, I will say I am happy about being back somewhere that I know places I can go and have friends that I can call and go hangout with.

I got back in town Thursday the 27th. I can back early because I thought I had a photography shoot scheduled for Friday. Turned out it was canceled. I was pretty pissed, because a) I needed the money, I would have been paid $300 for the shoot; b) Had I known it was going to be canceled, I would have stayed home and spent some more time with my parents, although I dislike going home I do enjoy spending time with my parents.

Anyway, Thursday was pretty much relax and rest after a 10 hour drive. I just watched some TV, ate and unpacked. Well, I didn't really unpack, I just got everything out of my car.

Friday, since I did not have to get up early for a shoot, I enjoyed sleeping in until about 11. It was nice. After running some errands with a friend I decided to come home and eat. After, I had nothing to do. I could unpack, but I didn't. So, I went to rent some movies.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Before I continue, I just want to give a brief review of these three:
The Kingdom - pretty good, it was about what I expected.
Hot Rod - sucked! I almost bought this based on a friends recommendation, I am glad I did not. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MOVIE!
Evan Almighty - kinda funny. Wasn't as good as Bruce Almighty though. Seemed to me that it was trying to preach more of a message than anything else. Wanda Sykes is pretty funny in it.

I also rented a fourth movie. Now before I say what it is. I want you to watch the trailer. This is the main reason I wanted to see this.


Yup. I rented DOA:Dead or Alive.
Photobucket
No real reason; never played the video game is was supposed to be based on, just thought the trailer was hot. And it also has Jamie Presley. Very nice.
While the movie itself was pretty ridiculous along with the fight scenes, including the ones that looking like the were pulled from Crouching Tiger, I enjoyed it for one reason. Well, two reasons; one is the obvious hot girls fighting. There is a pretty hot bikini-beach volleyball game scene between all four main girls and there is one fight between two of the girls that takes place in the rain. However, the other reason I enjoyed this movie was because of the Kevin Nash. Big Sexy (one of his many wrestling nicknames) plays Bass Armstrong, a wrestler and Presley's father.
<span class=
I looked for a video of it, but there is a scene in the movie where Kevin and Jamie fight in a father daughter match.
<span class=
I loved how he was always wearing a dominantly solid color. In the fight with Presley, he is wearing mainly black, it looks much like his wrestling outfit did when he was one of the members of The Outsiders. He is also seen earlier wearing an all red ninja-like outfit.

Once the movie ended, my curiosity rose. Kevin Nash has been in a lot of movies lately as small side character. Obviously his most recent role is in DOA as Bass Armstrong. Before that he was in such classics as Grandma's Boy where he played a mover seen at the beginning of the movie. He was also one of the prison guards in The Longest Yard. <span class= (That's him on the left, number 93?) he also played The Russian in The Punisher. <span class=<span class=
Before The Punisher, according to imdb.com, there is a list of various wrestling events and a few TV series appearances. Until one move sticks out. This blew me away; and to quote a friend, "it wrecked my nuts." Kevin Nash starred in fucking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Yeah, this one:
<span class=
But here is what will really "wreck ones nuts": He played Super Shredder!
Imagine Kevin Nash playing Super Shredder:
<span class=<span class=
Fucking unreal.


Also this Friday, while I was running some errands earlier in the day I went to the mall. As I was looking for some new shoes, I walked by KB Toys to find out they were closing and have a sale. So I walked in and started looking around. Most everything has been cleared out already, I guess this sale has been going on for a while. Anyway, I was walking around and saw something I normally wouldn't buy until I found one particular one. Wrestling Figures. Yes, I am a fan of wrestling. I used to watch it quite often until I moved and do not get those channels...which is killing me inside. But I looked through what little they had and found one of my favorite wrestlers.
<span class=<span class=
Razor Ramon, Scott Hall.
His face looks so retarded though. I love how they say they use computer technology to make this figures look "exactly like the person" and they look nothing like them. I mean really, does this <span class= look like the real Scott Hall <span class=
Well, ok maybe a little. But still, they claim these figures are exact replicas...I'll let you be the judge on that.

One thing I laughed my ass of was if you look closely at his mouth, he has something coming out of it. I honestly can't tell what this is, is it a oddly placed snot? Something else? Who knows, but take a look for yourself:
<span class=

Now, it is slightly ironic that I found this figure on the same day that I watched DOA starring Kevin Nash and found that Kevin was in TMNT2. Scott Hall and Kevin Nash once formed the great tag team known as The Outsiders.<span class=
They, along with Hollywood Hulk Hogan, were the original members of the nWo. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
<span class=

Based on the awesomeness of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, I have just found and ordered this:<span class=

2 comments:

Untersuchen said...

This was definitely the highlight of my Christmas vacation as well. You know, sandwiched in between that which I will lovingly refer to as "The Christmas Hives" and "Dear Acid Reflux, Happy New Year".
Well done.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I could have gotten my hands on those figures.



Anyway, getting to my point here... I believe that the snot looking thing on his mouth is supposed to be his Toothpick that Razor would carry to the ring.


But cmon! How can the WWE make Razor with that cheezy look on his face??


But, they did do 1 thing right, and that is to make a figure of DDP.
BANG!