Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Michael Bay continues to destroy my childhood with Transformers

DUDES! Let me tell you how fucking excited I am that Transformers is coming out on DVD on October 16!!!! Spring Break! WOO!

OK, enough sarcasm.

Many of you, probably most of you, know of my disgust for Michael Bay's remake of the Transformers Movie. I would give you a brief explanation of why I am still boycotting this movie, but it will just piss me off. Badly.

I was watching TV last night when a commercial advertising the release of the Transformers DVD on October 16 came on. While I pretty much blew it off, I still somewhat listened. Well, I am sure most of you know this, when there is an ad for a movie/DVD there are several pull-quotes praising the film.

One quote that stuck out to me while watching the DVD commercial: "The most original film of the year."



My mind just got fucked.

REALLY?!?!?!? FUCKING REALLY?!?!?!?

"Transformers is the most original film of the year"?!? I really want what this guy was smoking.

To say Transformers (the 2007 remake) is an original film is like... saying we won the war in Iraq (And proudly displaying a large banner reading "Mission Accomplished"). We haven't (and probably won't); and the 2007 remake of the Transformers Movie is NOT a remake.

Seriously. There was a cartoon series and then a animated movie back in 1986 (around 1986, I think it was made it '85 but released in '86). There have been comics. Action figures. Clothes (yeah, I have Transformers underwear when I was little). Hell, I think there was a cereal too. All of this occurred before this "live-action" remake.


But it is true, the DVD comes out on October 16. Join me as I venture to Best Buy (or anywhere else DVDs are sold) to NOT get a copy of this movie.

No comments: