Sunday, June 3, 2007

Old Dirty Bastard Potato Chips

Picked these up at Big Lots after a friend informed me of their tragic existence:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And the true mindblower:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Rob and I bought two of each - one to eat, one to save for posterity's sake. Like a collector's item.

My favorite things about the packaging are the positive messages on the front.
Lil Romeo reminds us to "Stay in school," and Dirt McGirt suggests we "Think Responsibly." Thanks dudes!

But let me tell you...

They're fucking awful. The flavoring on them is decent but not enough to cover up the fundamental shittiness of the potatoes from whence they must have come. The potato farmer who contributed to this abomination of a product should be taken out back and shot.

If you had given me a million guesses as to who would one day appear on a food product, I would never have guessed any member of Wu-Tang Clan, much less Old Dirty Bastard/Big Baby Jesus/Dirt McGirt.

And while I'm aware of the fact that "Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with," I'm pretty sure even Dirt McGirt would allow this product to be, you know, fucked with.


Oh, and look, I realize I should not be surprised to discover disappointment in a purchase from Big Lots. It's the store where products go to die.

No comments: