Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Following the yellow brick road to Big Lots...

So, we made the adventure to Big Lots! this weekend. I like how they add the exclamation to the name, not really sure why, but I do. In fact, I think I am going to add an exclamation to everything I write. Anyway, on to Big Lots!...

I have never been to this domain that is Big Lots! However, we went for a purpose. Our good friend mentioned a certain product we needed to investigate. The product: Rap Snacks. I know we just showed you the pictures in our last blog, but these are worth another look. We purchased two bags of each:




Yes. Believe your eyes. You are seeing Lil' Romeo and Dirt McGirt. aka Ol' Dirty Bastard and Big Baby Jesus and several others that will probably blow you away - see the rest here.

Now before I get into the "legendary" rap snacks, I want to touch a little more on Big Lots!..

First off, from now on, I am dropping the exclamation. I don't feel Big Lots deserves it.

Like I said, I have never been into a Big Lots. But after walking around I was slightly impressed. I mean it was a fairly big store (I wouldn't expect less from a store names big lots). They had quite a wide array of products, from groceries to electronics to furniture. I mean fuck, they even have bedroom furniture. I was slightly impressed. Now I really didn't look closely at most of the merchandise. I did look at the furniture, mainly since I am looking for a small side table/coffee table for my room. I was surprised about the prices. They seemed high for a store that is supposed to be a big value market. After being approached by a sales associate, I was informed that all of their furniture is "old." I questioned this. Old furniture? It was then explained that by "old" they mean from a few styles/seasons ago. Basically it was back stock from furniture makers. Now, that doesn't really matter to me. But I figured if it was "old" then it shouldn't cost so much. This tainted my desire to buy something...anything. It definitely gave me a reason to no longer include the exclamation when referencing Big Lots. I began to wander around the store to find Josh. While browsing I noticed that most of the other merchandise was cheap or very outdated looking.

Now, on to the Rap Snacks. There isn't much to say about them. It is a line of chips that feature various "Rap/Hip-Hop superstars." I put that in quotes simply because Dirt McGirt as the only superstar featured on Rap Snacks. If you really want to know more, you can read all about Rap Snacks here.
I would like to point out that some of the flavor names are fucking ridiculous. I mean the flavor featuring Lil' Romeo is "Bar-b-quin with my Honey." I mean, who the fuck is Lil' Romeo and why does he get a name like that? ODB's chips...simply sour cream and onion. WHAT THE FUCK!!!! The legendary member of Wu tang gets sour cream and onion? This was an outrage. Oh, you may have to Google Rap Snacks further to get more info. The Dirt McGirt chips aren't listed on rapsnacks.com. Another notable fact is the positive slogans listed on the front of each bag. Slogans like "Stay in School" and "Think Responsibly."

So after we found the Rap Snacks we found a few other things and then left. Our purchases: white chocolate M&Ms, Rap Snacks, chocolate and vanilla Oreos (with everything is Spanish), green tea, generic caramel frappuccino drinks. After trying all of our purchases, we concluded three things. 1) the white chocolate M&Ms were the only good thing bought. 2) Big Lots is a place where products go to die! and 3) RAP SNACKS FUCKING SUCK COMPLETE ASS!!!! They are even more terrible than most of the rappers they feature. I do not recommend them to anyone. No matter what "state of mind" you are in. I wouldn't even give these to starving people in...well, where ever people are starving. That's how bad they are! Do not eat these unless you want to feel sick the next morning.

Oh and on a side note, I took some pictures today while helping some photo students. I will post them tomorrow after some minor editing. Thank you.

No comments: