Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break!!! WOOOO!!!....

...Only that I am stuck in Lubbock.

Yeah, working sucks. Not having money sucks. The "Real World" sucks. I love having all these students ask me what my Spring Break plans are. "Do you get a break?" Yes, I get a break. Kinda. I think we get Friday off of this week. I was going to take off and just bum around the house all week; mainly because I have all this time off I thought I needed to use before I quit in August. But then I found out I can get paid for all that vacation time I still will have. So, I figured why use the vacation time when all I am going to do is sit around the house on the Internet and watching TV/movies when I can do the exact same thing at work? The answer is pretty obvious to me. ALSO, I am broke. Not broke as in I have some money in my checking account...broke as in I have a $0.00 balance. SWEET!

Actually, not really. I don't want to be here for spring break. But I am. I could have gone home, but honestly I would have been more miserable there. And at least in Lubbock I will know a couple of people...not that I am going to do anything fun. Ive noticed that I don't enjoy going out much anymore. This is sad. I would rather sit at home and relax/sleep/be lazy. I used to love drinking. I mean LOVE drinking! I used to get so drunk it was great. I would pass out and not remember what I did. Man those were fun times.

Oh if you noticed by now, this blog really has no point. I mean I could look up something cool to talk about, but I just don't want to.

I really need to figure out what I am going. This year hasn't been the greatest. Not that it has been bad, just not what I wanted it to be.

So I started grad school this semester. Needless to say its kicking my ass. I realize now how much I dislike school and homework and tests and listening to lectures and everything else. Well, I am taking two class; one is a blow off, sadly because I was really hoping to learn something in that class, while the other research methods is really puttin a hurt on me.

But, since I am quitting Mass Comm in August, I have no idea what is next. I originally thought this would be my chance to escape from the buckle of the Bible Belt that is Lubbock, TX. However, I am looking into the possibility of gaining a graduate assistant position at the TTU Health Science Center. I would be working in medical video and photography, which is an area I am greatly interested in. But I do not know where things currently stand. A couple of weeks ago we toured an OR to see some of the equipment that is used, the next step is supposed to be sitting in on several operations and actually seeing the equipment being used. Needless to say I am excited.

However, I need to figure out what their plan is, especially in regards to me. Meaning are they going to be able to pay me? How much? Are they going to want me to take some medical related classes? I do not know the answers to these questions and many more.

I need to because if this does not work out then I will surely leave Lubbock. To where I have no clue, but away.

If this does work out then I will continue my education (I think) at Tech. BUT, I have not looked at any classes to take in Summer or Fall. I wanted to wait to see if they wanted me to take any medical courses or something else. Also, I am supposed to be doing a workshop for Mass Comm over summer, but I have not heard any more mention of it.

I hate not knowing what lies ahead. It causes sleepless nights. Even though I usually don't know what lies ahead, this is different. This opens up the possibility for many things. I am through with Mass Communications August 8, 2008. I am pretty sure they are already finished with me though since they no longer come to me to do anything...which is fine with me.

Well, I think that is all. This is the first day of what will probably be a long work week. Especially since I just don't care about anything here (work wise I mean). Basically, this was my Monday - came in about 9:30; screwed around on the Internet for a while; cleaned up my office a bit; talked to Amy; went to lunch with Amy, where I had two Blue Moon's; walked around and took some pictures; and now I am back in my office finishing up this blog. I am about to go home for the day. HA! It's going to be a long week.

I assume I will have more posts up since A) I will be bored over the next few days of work and B) I really need to start contributing to this blog, especially since I may not be escaping anything any time soon...well unless you count escaping my own reality...

No comments: