Saturday, October 6, 2007

new car...new insurance...I feel the dirty sensations of adulthood

So, I got a new car today. A Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain Edition. Don't really care about the Rocky Mountain Edition, but it had everything else I wanted. So, thats what I got.

I am pretty stoked. It is finally setting in that I got a new car. It was pretty sad cleaning out my old car. As much as I hated all the problems I was having with my old car, I am going to miss it. I can't drive the Jeep like I did my BMW. I mean I took some curves at close to 60 mph and it was awesome. I didn't have to really slow down going into turns and the acceleration was amazing...even with all the problems its had.

On the flip side, with the Jeep I will be able to go places I could not before. I can finally drive down rough dirt roads to get to take a picture I want. I don't know how much more stuff I can fit in the Jeep vs the BMW. Honestly, the cargo space looks about the same, just the Jeep is higher up.

But yeah, I am pretty happy with it. I am sure I will take some pictures within the next day or two and post them...just because taking pictures is what I do and I have something to take pictures of.

I need to get used to driving an SUV. Riding up higher is something I am not used to. Also, I need to get used to parking it. I know it wont be too hard, just driving sedans since I was 16, a Jeep is definitely a change. Granted, my dad tought me how to drive in his Jeep...so its kind of fitting that my first vehicle I buy is a Jeep. (I bought my first car, but it was from my dad, so I don't count that.) I even drove out to where my dad took me to learn driving.

BUT...now that I have a new car, I also have new car payments. And insurance payments.

I need to start looking for a second means of income. Actually, I need to get one, not just look. I also don't know how this will affect my plans on leaving Lubbock anytime soon. As much as I am ready to leave, with having a car payment and loan payment plus credit card payments...knowing I will be getting a paycheck every month is pretty comforting.

So yeah, if anyone knows of somewhere that is hiring. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

OR...better yet...if you know a way I can make extra money without having to get a real job, let me know.

No comments: