Friday, August 10, 2007

Buddy Holly’s Post-Apocalyptic CageMatch 3000

I'm working on a new series of post-apocalyptically themed adventures occurring in a Lubbock gone mad with lawlessness and impossibly harsh conditions. It stars a formerly cryogenically frozen Buddy Holly as he fights to become the new Lord of Lubbock and save humanity. There will probably be cage matches. Oh, and astute cultural observations. Gotta have some of those.

I already came up with a photo of the thawed Buddy Holly and his sidekick, Ritchie Valens.
Both were frozen by the government to be revived later in order to save rock and roll. Or, rebuild humanity amid a radiated, violently upturned world. Whichever came first. As you can tell, both were intravaneously fed steroids during their frozen state.

I guess I'm shooting for a mix of Mad Max, professional wrestling (hence the bodies and tag-team championship belts provided by former 80s greats Road Warriors Hawk and Animal), and uh...cultural and media criticism. You know, lowbrow and highbrow clashing to create something absurd. Here's the image:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I know you're not really supposed to share stuff that's still in the creation/idea stage but I was so excited and, as the song goes, I just can't hide it. Who knows if I'll actually get motivated to write a short story or two about this. Writing some fiction has been on my list, and all I can seem to motivate myself to do is complain sarcastically about life and politics. I'm ready to just create something strange on its own, as opposed to being just commentary on something else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

No prescription flomax Online geodon Side-effects tentex royal Now serophene Get cystone Order diltiazem

Anonymous said...

Dont touch WIKILEAKS, faked DEMOCRACY!!!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

fertility drugs clomid | 100 mg clomid - can i buy clomid over the counter, where to get clomid