Saturday, April 5, 2008

Birth Control Via Delicious, Sugary Soda?

Listen up, teens and tweens! Dr. Josh here has heard some pretty nasty rumors about your sad lack of safe-sex awareness. And by rumors, I mean I read it on the Internets. Sounds like you Florida younguns don't know your ass from your elbow, nor your candyland areas from your soft drink nutrients.


According to a survey in Florida:

Florida teens who believe drinking a cap of bleach will prevent HIV and a shot of Mountain Dew will stop pregnancy have prompted lawmakers to push for an overhaul of sex education in the state.


And I thought abstinence-only education was such a foolproof strategy!


I guess my question is, do you take the shot of Mountain Dew before or after sex?

During perhaps?


(What a great ad campaign opportunity for this soda company, by the way.)


Another myth is that Florida teens also believe that smoking marijuana will prevent a person from getting pregnant, Local 6 reported.


Wait...

that's not true?


What about smoking out of a bong where the marijuana smoke is cooled with ice cold Mountain Dew? What about snorting lines of Mr. Pibb? I read somewhere that doing that during foreplay is supposed to cause one's genitals to emit an aroma unfavorable and repellent to pubic lice. True story.

I guess we should be thankful girls aren't douching with Sierra Mist.

'Cuz come one, everybody knows it's holy water that keeps the lady doctor away.


I'm hoping Florida doesn't let this scare the state lawmakers into changing their policy toward some more comprehensive, fact-and-reality-based education program. God forbid our nation's youth know that condoms, not high-fructose corn syrup and yellow 5, help prevent pregnancy and STDs.


What we really need is not a bunch of know-it-all perverts telling our kids about the rubbers and the AIDS, what we need are any of the following suggestions I've cooked up in my science lab:

- Wizards.
- Magic 8 Balls. (These could be passed out for free at Planned Parenthood!) Simply ask the fortune-telling sphere whether or not the expectant sexual encounter will result in creating another human life, or if you will develop a venereal Legion of Doom that attacks your Geni-pals.
Of course, if you end up getting one of those stupid "Better not tell you now" answers, I suggest safety by breaking open the toy and chugging that dark blue liquid in which the magic die floats.
- Don't confuse open sores with the little known and rare ability to excrete delicious Big Red. As in, don't lick open sores until you have confirmed your partner is indeed leaking red cream soda.
- Coitus Interreptus. This always works. Consider it a very sexy time out.


Taking a moment for personal reflection, I think maybe I know where the Mountain Dew thing comes from - I remember in high school the rumor that the ingredient, Yellow 5, a dye used to attain that wonderful, golden, piss-of-the-Gods glow inherent to the beverage, was supposed to make guys sterile. And while my six children with six different woman attest otherwise, my kids did at least come out a very unique, lemony yellow color.



Other points/sites of interest:
This World War II propaganda poster targeted toward U.S. military:


Here
you can read about a bunch of hot teenagers wasting their good looks on abstinence and some bullshit called "secondary virginity." It's called It's Great to Wait. The jury's still out on the greatness.

4 comments:

David said...

Now I am curious. By shot do they mean shooting it up like heroin or are they talking about a shot of Mountain Dew taken like one would drink whiskey? I ask this because, I mean, I am almost a full grown man and am pretty sure that I can drink an entire cool, refreshing Mountain Dew all by myself. Also, would I be obliged to offer some of it to the lady or is it strictly the man who drinks the soda? Is it as effective using the flavored Mountain Dews like "Live Wire" or "Code Red" because I don't have the original in the house at the moment and it is starting to worry me.

Josh said...

Well David, it's really a mutual responsibility. It used to be the man's obligation, but as our culture has become more progressive and women are sexually liberated, carrying a can or two of mountain dew in a purse is actually encouraged.

As for the query regarding "Code Red," I did some further research and discovered that "Code Red" in fact gives you herpes. I couldn't find "Live Wire" at my nearest grocery or convenience store, but I believe it can be used as a morning after beverage. Like a sodabortion.

Inject it into your veins? Where do you get these crazy ideas?

El Primo said...

I also understand that if all else fails a Slim Jim can be used as an abortion tool.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!