Friday, January 18, 2008

What, two blogs in one day?...Someone must be bored at work.

Actually, I have a ton of shit to do. I just don't want to do it. There is NOTHING going on here today, which means I will probably leave soon.

I found this while looking at Engadget:

Wii used to hone surgeons' fine motor skills (click to read full story)

Now either this is a very genius idea or a very bad and scary idea. I mean I have played a lot of Wii games and I could see how this could be useful. My father, an Orthopedic Surgeon, has even played with a Wii and mentioned something along the lines of seeing this rigged to be used for "practice surgeries."

I would like to play with the Wii attachments they came up with for this though.

Don't get me wrong, this could be a great idea, however I would not want a doctor who was about to perform surgery on me to tell me something like "Don't worry kid, I just performed this surgery on the Wii and I got a 97% score." That would totally make me feel comfortable. If they do tell their patients something like that, I recommend they wait until the patient is already sedated on the operating table and counting backwards from ten.

Here is a link to the story on The Wall Street Journal.

No comments: